The Fangshan District-Beijing, Vinopres and the Beijing International Wine & Spirit Exchange are the organizers of the first Forum-Tasting exclusively dedicated to Asian wine and spirits. For the firs time in history producers form every Asian country will be brought together under one roof from October 10-12, 2016 in the Fangshan district of Beijing.
At the top of the global economy’s growth league for the past 25 years, Asia is the continent where the wine and spirits industry has undergone the greatest (r)evolution. Accounting for nearly 30% of global wine production and a majority share of spirits consumption, the Orient is a continent of superlatives: 7 of the 10 most prominent whisky brands worldwide are in India, the number one gin and brandy labels come from the Philippines, the top soju is produced in South Korea and China has become the world’s leading consumer of red wine, to quote just a handful of figures.
The Silk Rout Forum is a unique platform for sharing information and promoting Asian wine and Spirits. Not only it brings together industry members from around the globe and allows them to meet and exchange ideas, but it offers producers, winemakers and master blenders from the Asian continent the opportunity to present their products, production techniques and cultural heritage to journalists and importers.
The Forum-Tasting is divided into five distinct events held simultaneously or in succession:
- Asian Conferences: Experts, including representatives of leading Asian companies, will analyze consumer trends in Asia, as well as marketing strategies and more general themes focusing on economic issues and production techniques.
- Open Grand Tasting – showcasing Asian wine and spirit brands: All the products registered to the competition would also be showcased in a grand open tasting – permanent exhibition during 3 days: October 9-10-11. That allows professionals and guests/VIPs to enjoy a comfortable and quiet environment while getting to know the products.
- Tasting of Outstanding wine and spirits: Outstanding products will be presented by specialists, with priority status given to exclusive Asian wines and spirits.
- Masterclasses: Commented tastings by specialists and Asian producers.
- Wine and Spirits Competition: A selection of wines and spirits will be blind-assessed by a panel of international experts.
Celebrities and many wine and spirits experts will attend the forum. The list of eminent speakers includes: Doug Frost from Kansas City, USA – one of the only four people in the world to have achieved the remarkable distinctions of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine; Sarah Jane Evans MW – the Chairman of the Institute of Masters of Wine; Pedro Ballesteros – technically the first MW from Spain; Li Demei – a celebrity Professor for Wine Tasting, Enology and food engineering at Beijing University of Agriculture (BUA); Michelle Huang – Head of Country Research at Euromonitor, who ensures the timely output of high caliber data and analysis for mainland China; Ahmed Rahimtoola – Head of Marketing at Allied Blenders & Distillers, India, who will talk about building a mega brand; Bernard Marquez – President of Ginebra San Miguel, N°1 gin in the world.
Asia has everything in place right now to take the leadership role in the wine world with the largest and most dynamic wine and spirit scene. Participation in this first-ever Forum-Tasting, Asian Wine & Spirits –The Silk Route, will be highly educative for the wine and spirit connoisseurs. Delegates from across the globe are expected at this event.
To see the full program of the Forum-Tasting and for more information about the registration process please visit our website: www.aws-silkroute.com